Thursday, July 10, 2014

Reality Television Star Po Johnson and DJ/Producer Zeke Thomas Speak About New “Monsters” Single


If you caught the last episode of “La La’s Full Court Life” you had a brief look into the life and times of Po Johnson.  On Thursday’s episode they showcased her new single “Monsters (Be Brave)”.  I recently had the opportunity to speak with both, Po and Gorilla Records head exec Zeke Thomas, and we spoke about their new single and much more. 

During my conversation with Po and Zeke I found that the two had a real chemistry. Po actually signed with Zeke’s label Gorilla Records not too long ago and the two have been making a name for themselves since. When I asked Po about her new single, “Monsters”, I could almost hear her smile through the phone.  “I just wanted to write a song where we could get crazy and let our inner inhibitions free,” said Po, let’s just be a monster”.  “We started writing, writing, and writing.  It was actually kind of fluent.  I was like, ‘I just wanted to have fun’.  I’m thinking about people dancing in the streets and that’s what I want people to do with this record,” said the reality television star.

Zeke shared in the excitement about the “Monsters” track as well.  You may have heard of Zeke Thomas before, as he is the son of NBA legend Isiah Thomas and one of the official DJs for NBA All-Star Weekend events through the NBA Players Association.


Zeke added, “Not only is Po a charismatic television personality with a great following, people around her respect her, and individually she is really talented as a recording artist.  She has such a grit and a talent that I just really, really wanted to work with and try to mold.  Po has so much potential and I think it really came out on this “Monsters” record.”

Since the “Monsters” track debuted in May it has been featured on Hot 97 and other top radio stations, giving this track its needed platform and exposure. “Ebro over at Hot 97 has welcomed me with open arms and for him to basically bless the track on Hot 97; I’m very grateful and very humbled.  Everybody knows that Hot 97 is the biggest Hip Hop station in the country, arguably the world. To have that blessing, to have that stamp, it’s great,” said Thomas. 


This is just the beginning for this super duo, so please expect more from Po and DJ Zeke in the near future.  In the meanwhile, check out the ”Monsters” track below and look for the single on iTunes.

The road less traveled is a unique journey for those who are lead to travel it. I salute Po for taking the road less traveled and Zeke for following his passion. 

Catch Po Johnson Wednesday nights on VH1’s “La La Full Court Life” and peep the Zeke Thomas cameos. Stay tuned to The Roundtable Empire for more stories like these and more. #WhereRoyaltyMeetsLoyalty



 Follow us on Twitter @Roundtable_Emp

No comments:

Post a Comment