Thursday, July 3, 2014

[Exclusive Interview] Super Producer, K.E. On The Track, Speaks On His Rise To The Top


Atlanta based producer K.E. On The Track has recently been named 2014 XXL Freshman Producer of the Year, but he’s a music maker that has been around longer than most know.  Songs like “All the Way Turnt Up” by Roscoe Dash, “You the Boss” by Rick Ross, and “Magic” by Future all have started in the hands of K.E.  K.E.’s other credits include “I’m So Blessed” from DJ Khaled's Kiss the Ring album and the lead single from Rick Ross' Mastermind album "The Devil Is A Lie" featuring Jay Z.

I recently caught up with the hit producer and we talked about his climb to success, his current project, and much more.  Originally from Florida, K.E. left the “Sunshine State” to further his career and capitalize on the buzz he worked diligently to create for himself.  “Around 2008 I was working with Yung L.A., Rich Kidz, and a few others in ATL.  I was producing for them and I didn’t even live in Atlanta.  I ended up being one of the hottest producers in Atlanta and couldn’t even believe it. So I felt like I had to make the transition to capitalize on my buzz.  I soon made the move to Atlanta in 2010.” 


With all of the artists K.E. has worked with since his arrival in Atlanta, I had to ask him who was his favorite artist to work with thus far.  “Roscoe Dash was one of my favorite artist to work with, mainly because not only did we have a new sound for the game, but he was one of the first artist I saw that could actually hear a song in ten seconds and go to the booth and freestyle the whole song.  That was my first time seeing someone do that and actually come up with a hit in seconds.  I also feel like he was one of the first to do that auto-tuned theme rap…It really came from him.  That’s why he is my favorite; I just felt like it was more innovative with him than anyone else,” said K.E. 

Now that I had K.E.’s favorite artist to work with, I asked him who was the one artist that he would love to work with in the near future?  “I would say Jay Z,” he replied, “That’s one of the artists I would like to directly work with, and you know, just vibe in the studio.” 

It was refreshing to have a conversation with someone who has seen success but hasn’t let it go to his head.  Sometimes the music industry and those in it take heat for having their heads in the clouds and feet elevated from the ground, but K.E. is definitely a down to earth type dude. 

“I’m always looking to put an artist on.  Every major artist was once independent, and with that philosophy I am able to stay relevant with a lot of up and coming artists,“ said K.E.

Currently K.E. is working on his own album, not as an artist, but something similar to DJ Khaled’s situation.  “I feel like I have all the relationships in the world, so it makes sense to actually use these relationships and come out with hit songs with me featuring them.  That’s where I am putting my focus.  Right now I’m just trying to find a good lead single,” said the hit maker. 


With musical influences like Timbaland, Polo Da Don, Swizz Beatz, and Pharrell along with a drive to make his own dreams a reality, this super producer is destined for greatness. You might as well get used to hearing the name K.E. On The Track. 

The Roundtable Empire salutes K.E. for his efforts and his humbleness.  Be on the lookout for K.E.’s highly anticipated upcoming album to drop soon and stay tuned to The Roundtable Empire for more interviews like these and much more.  #WhereRoyaltyMeetsLoyalty


Follow us on Twitter @Roundtable_Emp 

No comments:

Post a Comment