Monday, August 4, 2014

Should Trinidad James Have An Album Deal To Begin With? [New Music!]

While record labels are scrambling to keep their heads above the water, the formula that once made them millions is now a thing of the past.  However, the rationale behind these labels is the same…get money. The problem with this is that record labels are having a tough time trying to figure out exactly how to do this.  The bigger labels can leach off of their Superstars, but that money alone is not enough to fatten their pockets.

Today’s strategy for labels is to take, take, take, but from who?  Enter Trinidad James.  This “one-hit” wonder found fame with his “All Gold Everything” hit, which earned him a deal with Def Jam.  The question I have for my readers is, “Should Trinidad James even received a record deal to Def Jam?”  Don’t get me wrong, I don’t knock any man’s hustle, but I definitely know of a few worthy emcees that would flourish at Def Jam over top of James. 

Over the weekend James posted this via his twitter account: I should tell yall. I got dropped by the Label. My Album is now free. If u hear ur beat or verse on it. I hope u want dap cuz i got no money — Trinidad Jame$ (@TrinidadJamesGG)

Wow, but is this really shocking?  It’s sad that the brother is left with only what he came with, but we all know by now that the music industry comes with its own prenuptials.  Hopefully, if Trinidad James is a true star, this will only be fuel to his flame.  We shall see…time will tell. 

This morning James played it smart and capitalized on the unwanted attention dropping a new single titled “Doin Me”.  The new track is below, check it out and let us know what you think.
Follow us on Twitter @Roundtable_Emp

No comments:

Post a Comment