Saturday, October 11, 2014

[New Movie Alert] "Dear White People" (Watch The Full Trailer Here)



Days ago another teenage black youth was shot and killed, this time by an off-duty officer in St. Louis.  According to police, the officer fired 17 shots. 

Today while at work an elderly lady that I was working with asked me a question that left me almost sitting beside myself.  She said, “With you being black, what do you think about President Obama.”  The question almost shocked me, and I almost immediately took offense, but then I realized she honestly just wanted an opinion from the black perspective.  No foul, no harm.  So I then went to give her my answer.  I recognized then and there that it was not an ignorance that she spoke from, but instead I saw the ignorance from those that never asked the question.  What I am saying is that nobody ever asks us for our opinion. Sure, we definitely give our opinion, but how many times is the black community actually asked what we think. 

Right when the elderly white lady opened my eyes, she then asked me for my opinion of Rev. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson…too funny right? The reason I bring all this up today is because there is a movie set to hit theatres October 17th titled Dear White America.  The film is an attempt to bring to light what many minorities experience on a daily basis.  The film spotlights a group of African American students as they deal with the politics of being minorities on a predominantly white college campus.  With already winning a few awards this film is a must watch, especially for those majorities who think they truly know what it is like to walk in the shoes of a minority. 


If you’re taking the time to read this, do yourself a favor and watch the trailer below.  Then go to the theatres October 17th to watch the entire film.  More than likely this film will be limited in its release, so keep an eye out for it.

 

The great comedian Paul Mooney said it best, “Everybody wants to be a n*gga, but nobody wants to be a n*gga.”

Follow Us On Twitter @Roundtable_Emp

No comments:

Post a Comment